#67 What to write in 'About Us', Google quality content guidelines, Chat and CTAs
This is the ’90-Day Website Mastery Podcast’, a fun and action packed series about feeling proud of your website again!
Hosted by Jonny Ross and Pascal Fintoni who will share decades of experience in website design and management to transform your website into an online destination your customers will talk about.
Tune in for actionable tips, practical advice and inspiring website stories!
You ask, we answer
What to write in the ‘about us’ section of a website?
Jonny and Pascal will share how they help their clients reconnect with their brand story and share information in a meaningful way.
Creating helpful, reliable, people-first content from Google Search Central (SEO Fundamentals)
This page is designed to help creators evaluate if they're producing such content.
- Self-assess your content
1.1 Content and quality questions
1.2 Expertise questions
- Focus on people-first content
- Avoid creating search engine-first content
- Get to know E-E-A-T and the quality rater guidelines
content demonstrates aspects of experience, expertise, authoritativeness, and trustworthiness, or what we call E-E-A-T
- Ask "Who, How, and Why" about your content
Content and quality questions
- Does the content provide original information, reporting, research, or analysis?
- Does the content provide a substantial, complete, or comprehensive description of the topic?
- Does the content provide insightful analysis or interesting information that is beyond the obvious?
- If the content draws on other sources, does it avoid simply copying or rewriting those sources, and instead provide substantial additional value and originality?
- Does the main heading or page title provide a descriptive, helpful summary of the content?
Who (created the content) questions
- Is it self-evident to your visitors who authored your content?
- Do pages carry a byline, where one might be expected?
- Do bylines lead to further information about the author or authors involved, giving background about them and the areas they write about?
If you're clearly indicating who created the content, you're likely aligned with the concepts of E-E-A-T and on a path to success.
The Website Engine Room
Two apps, software solutions or kit that can make life easier as a website manager and website content creator:
Pascal Fintoni: https://www.visme.co/storyboard-creator free video storyboard maker for your next brand story to be featured on your ‘About Us’ webpage
Jonny Ross: consider live chat https://www.tawk.to/
The Website Call To Action
The ONE change or adjustment that you should be making to your website right now:
Jonny Ross: When did you last review your call to action buttons?
Pascal Fintoni: Review and create 3 types of profiles for everyone in your organisation: 1. bylines 2. guest summaries and 3. full biographies
We will be back with another podcast episode, in the meantime feel free to send your questions, share your preferred app and links to your website once you have made the changes we spoke about, we would love to give you a shout out!
Jonny and Pascal
Find out more about our 90 Day Website Mastery Programme: https://90daymarketingmastery.com/
Get in touch with your co-hosts: